Hotels & Leisure
Hotels & Leisure
Our firm has significant experience in advising in all relevant fields of law clients active in the Hotels and Leisure business. Our team consists of highly-skilled lawyers, experienced in practical and transactional aspects of this industry. We advise and assist some of the largest players on a variety of issues, including indicatively structuring their operations and their relationships and arrangements with hotels (such as management agreements, allotment contracts, lease agreements, sales and marketing agreements etc). We are also uniquely positioned to take advantage of synergies in this area by cooperating with our high-ranked tax practice.
By way of example we have advised:
- Club Med with respect to the sale of a resort in the island of Kos
- TUI Group with respect to the corporate, tax and real estate due diligence of eight hotels in Greece within the framework of a possible share or asset deal
- TUI Group with respect to long-term hotel agreements and to the establishment of security interests over hotels in various Greek islands
- TUI Group with respect to the JV with a Greek hotel company and the relevant hotel management agreement and sales and marketing agreements
- TUI Group with respect to the acquisition of a major tour operator brand
- Club Med with respect to the feasibility of a touristic investment in Greece involving a sale and lease back arrangement
- Club Med with respect to the envisaged restructuring of its business activities in Greece, including review of hotel management agreements and sales and marketing agreements
- Sunsail Ltd (subsidiary of TUI Group) with respect to the regulatory aspects of its operations in Greece
- Doğuş Group with respect to the regulatory and administrative requirements relating to its participation in Greek companies/concessionaires doing business in the tourism sector, and to the due diligence of the licensing status of a portfolio of Greek marinas
- Doğuş Group with respect to its participation in the tenders launched by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund for the privatisation of marinas and other prominent real estate properties in Greece
- OECD (Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development) with respect to the measurement and reduction of administrative burdens existing in the Greek tourism legislation
- Thomas Cook Northern Europe on a number of projects of hotel management ranging from franchise to long term lease agreements
- Booking.com with respect to regular legal assistance to the electronic hotel reservation platform, in all kinds of legal issues, including complicated regulatory matters relating to licensing and relations with the counterparties of Booking.com
- TUI Travel Plc (now TUI Group) in a 12 million euros dispute, regarding early termination by TUI of a long-term lease agreement in Lefkas, Greece
- Casino Rodos in day-to-day tax compliance issues and tax dispute resolution procedures
- TUI Group on tax & social security matters regarding the assignment of foreign employees to Greece
- FAST Group on tax matters regarding direct and indirect tax treatment of transactions with a major deal-of-the-day company; tax aspects of intra-group funding alternatives
- Hilton on a variety of regulatory issues regarding its local operations.
Also, our firm is the contributor to a platform within the Lex Mundi network of independent law firms (www.lexmundi.com) setting out the main information impacting the hotel/hospitality industry around the world and accessible to major hotel brands. We regularly provide legal and regulatory updates to such Alert Service.