Our firm actively assists multinational and Greek clients form subsidiaries, branches or joint ventures in Greece. Corporate constitutes the most important pillar of our practice.
Our clients include some of the world's largest multinational companies such as, Bausch & Lomb, BIC, Bull, Cadbury, Carrefour, Chevron, Cisco, ExxonMobil, Footlocker, Grundfos, Herbalife, Hewlett Packard, Iberdrola, Leroy Merlin, Luxottica, L’Oreal, Sony Pictures, Sfera Joven, The Metro Group, Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan Asset Management, Nokia and Nokia Siemens Networks.
- We advise clients on the selection of the optimal legal vehicle for their operations from a corporate and tax point of view, taking into consideration their particular needs and scope of business
- We provide detailed advice with respect to the steps required and issues relating to the incorporation of subsidiaries, such as operation of the legal entity, issues arising from the jurisdiction of the shareholders and/or directors, shareholders’ and directors’ or administrators’ rights and obligations, duties and liabilities of directors and administrators, registration of corporate name, capital requirements, as well as advice regarding the operation of the company
- We draft and prepare articles of incorporation for all forms of Greek legal entities, both in English and in Greek
- We draft and prepare powers of attorney required for the incorporation of the legal entity
- We perform all legal, tax and procedural actions required for the establishment of the Greek subsidiaries of foreign clients, including actions before the competent supervisory, regulatory and tax authorities, Chamber of Commerce, as well as social security organisations, if required
- We assist our clients in all legal and tax issues relevant to the incorporation and operation of a legal entity, such as drafting and negotiating the lease agreement for the offices of the newly incorporated legal entity, obtaining regulatory licenses (in case of regulated activities), obtaining tax registration number for the founder(s) (if required) and for the Directors and/or Administrators, etc.
- Once a company is formed, we advise on all corporate matters from the date of incorporation until the date of liquidation, including the appointment and removal of directors, granting of representation authorities to directors and/or third parties, share capital increases or decreases, change of registered offices, shareholders issues, change of financial year, approval of annual accounts, amendment of Articles of Association, exit strategies, distribution of dividends and repatriation of profits. We also provide our clients acquisitions, restructuring and post-integration corporate services, in case of mergers and acquisitions. We draft the appropriate corporate resolutions, in Greek and English (if necessary), as well as relevant powers of attorney, and obtain the relevant approvals for the afore-mentioned activities, and we assist in the implementation of the advice, if required, before the relevant supervisory authorities
- We draft and negotiate shareholder and joint venture agreements.