Energy

The Liberalisation of the Natural Gas Distribution Sector in Greece and other Attempts to Liberalise the Electricity Sector

In this issue:

A. Introduction
B. The Changes Brought Forward by the New Law Regarding Distribution Functions and Ownership of Distribution Systems
C. The Changes Brought Forward by the New Law Regarding Supply to Eligible and Non- Eligible Customers
D. Other Attempts to Liberalise the Electricity Market

A. Introduction

Launch of the Invitation for the Expression of Interest regarding the sale of a 66% stake in the Greek Transmission System Operator (ADMIE)

On 11 April 2014, the Board of Directors of the Public Power Corporation launched the tender process for the privatisation of the Greek Transmission System Operator (ADMIE) by approving an Invitation for the Expression of Interest for the sale of a 66% stake in the share capital of the company. It is reminded that, in the context of the privatisation in question, the remaining 34% share in ADMIE will be retained by the Greek State.

Newsletter on the awaited “New Deal” on feed-in tariffs for renewable projects and other matters

 

In this newsletter

A.   “New Deal” Bill on RES released for Public Consultation

  •    Reduction of feed-in tariffs for operating plants
  •    New lower tariffs for renewables (other than pvs)
  •    No annual increase of feed-in tariffs according to CPI
  •    Retroactive discounts via the issuance of a special debit note
  •    Extension and modification of contracts
  •    Other provisions

B.   Extension of Timetable for Completion of Subsidy Projects

 

Bill regarding the establishment of the new “small PPC” through the spin-off of relevant assets of PPC and Steps towards Privatisation of Transmission System Operator (ADMIE)

Bill Regarding the Establishment of the new “small PPC”

On 11 March 2014, the Hellenic Government launched a public consultation on a detailed bill for the spin-off of several assets of Public Power Corporation (PPC), the former electricity incumbent, into a new so-called “small PPC” which will be offered for privatisation as a major step of the privatisation of PPC itself.

Subscribe to RSS - Energy