We advise our clients on contractual and tax issues of licensing, know-how, outsourcing, software and maintenance agreements. We draft and negotiate hardware and software sale, installation and service agreements. We advise our clients on books and records and VAT issues related to the provision of electronic services. Our clients include some of the world's largest companies in this field such as Hewlett Packard, Bull, Cisco, Hitachi and Nokia. We represented Hellenic Post on the tender for the selection of the provider of an integrated information system and participated, drafted and negotiated the agreement for its installation, operation and maintenance. We also have conducted due diligence exercises of IT agreements on numerous occasions.
Given our firm's tax expertise we are able to offer comprehensive advice to our clients. Companies we have advised include the SABRE Group on tax issues arising from its computer reservation system ("CRS"), Amazon.com on value added tax issues related to the delivery of standardized software within the European Union, and Ericsson Thomson CSF AEW Systems AB on the planning and implementation of a tax effective structure for the delivery of airborne telecommunication and electronic systems to the Hellenic Air force.
With respect to the Internet and its applications, we advise clients on all contractual, regulatory and tax issues. More specifically, we advise international internet providers and search engines on regulatory and legal issues stemming from their cooperation and license agreements with local internet service providers.
We represent our clients with respect to domain name registration and deregistration procedures before the Greek Host Master. We have contributed to the evolution of the regulatory framework and practice.
As regards financial institutions and commercial companies we provide advice in connection with all legal issues related to e-commerce and the commercialisation of products and services through the Internet.
Assignments undertaken by our firm include advising the following:
- HP on various public procurement issues
- Apple in respect of the distribution of the i-phone in Greece
- Bull on legal requirements applicable to cryptography of archives and e-mails
- Cisco on maintenance and support master service agreements
- Composite Software in respect of their reseller agreement in Greece
- Dassault Systems in connection with a licensing agreement in Greece
- Itway on service agreements with Greek customers and on copyright issues
- Seagate Technologies on marking and translation requirements for external hard disk drives
- Wincor Nixdorf in relation to international framework agreements with Alpha Bank and the National Bank of Greece
- Yahoo! in connection with a cooperation agreement with OTEnet, OTE's internet service provider
- Nokia, Delta Air Lines and Hewlett Packard with respect to electronic promotional activities and related consumer protection issues. We drafted Hewlett Packard's website legal notices, including the data protection and privacy statements for use in their Greek websites
- Betfair on legal requirements applicable to binary & spread betting in Greece
- BWIN Interactive Entertainment on Greek regulatory requirements.