Building on the firm’s tradition of more than 50 years in the field of individual taxation, our private client practice, provides sophisticated, personalized and direct advice from strategy to compliance and dispute resolution.
We have developed a unique team of 12 fully dedicated practitioners, combining the competences of tax lawyers and economists, as well as lawyers specialized in the civil and family law, to provide quality comprehensive services to our clients.
We act for high net worth individuals, multinational families, senior executives, family offices and charitable institutions, guiding them through the challenges of the Greek tax and legal environment. We are trusted advisers of leading ship-owners and other entrepreneurs while also regularly advising world’s largest private banks serving clients with Greek interests.
We uphold the professional values and practices of accessibility and discretion which have allowed us to become trusted advisers to our private clients.
Our expertise spans the following areas:
Wealth structuring and Planning
- Greek and International wealth structuring
- Personal tax planning
- Exit strategies
- Life insurance
- Trusts & Foundations
- Real Estate/landed estates and real estate investments
- Art and cultural assets
- Family business governance
- Mental capacity and Court of Protection
- Family offices
Succession and Estate Planning
- Wills and succession planning
- Contentious estates
- Structuring/operation of shipping activities
- Greek Tonnage tax
- Special tax regime compliance
Philanthropy and charitable giving
Tax inspections and dispute resolution
- Tax audits monitoring and negotiation
- BoD member liabilities
- Employment taxes
- Executive mobility (Expatriates)
- Common Reporting Standard/Automatic Exchange of Information
- Annual filings of tax returns (income tax, real estate)
- Diagnostic Reviews
- Voluntary disclosure
- Residence, Domicile and Redomiciliation
- We have assisted more than 150 families with planning and compliance in the context of the Voluntary Disclosure Scheme that was in force in Greece up to November 2017
- We have represented HNWIs in the course of tax audits and related dispute resolution and have achieved significant tax savings through successful advocacy before the Dispute Resolution Directorate of the Ministry of Finance, as well as in court, including successful representation on redomiciliation filings initially rejected by the tax authorities
- We have assisted Fortune 1000 families on structuring wealth (including art among other assets), review and enhance their succession arrangements in light of the applicable EU Succession Regulation, monitor their compliance needs with respect to real estate investments in Greece and assisted structuring their charitable giving
- We have reorganized profit distribution mechanisms for families invested in shipping making the best out of the Greek shipping framework
- We have advised in relation to trusts & foundations with either settlors/founders or beneficiaries with ties (nationality/residence or assets) to Greece, including advice on the scope of relevant compliance obligations in Greece
- We run Common Reporting Standard (CRS) compliance workshops with Greece’s leading shipping groups
- We cooperate with the leading private banking institutions to organize workshops on the scope of compliance obligations in connection with clients with Greek interests
- We have advised the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV), the French Embassy and the -American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce on the scope of BoD member liabilities from corporate tax disputes and have technically supported their initiatives towards a rationalization of the applicable framework in Greece.