Finance & Capital Markets
Finance & Capital Markets
Our Finance & Capital markets team has rapidly grown into one of the largest finance-only desks in the market establishing a well-founded reputation for ground-breaking, ‘first-of-a-kind’ transactions with a steady emphasis on financial institutions and cross-border deals.
Our work, whether transactional or regulatory, covers all reaches of financial actuality from debt and equity capital markets to general bank lending (corporate, infrastructure, real estate, restructuring, export) and from distressed debt investments to asset management. We are renowned for our structured finance practice; our lawyers have an impressive track record in securitisation and covered bond transactions in terms of volume, asset class diversity and structural innovation.
We advise lenders, funds and investors at all levels of the capital structure as well as corporates, financial advisors, trustees, rating agencies, supranational organisations and regulators, catering the full spectrum of participants in the financial markets.
We believe that exclusivity fosters expertise and market insight; the lawyers in our team do exclusively banking, finance and capital markets work in a continuous interface with the firm’s multidisciplinary palette. It is how our offering is shaped on a wealth of industry precedents and a one-of-a-kind knowledge of the Greek financial market and its players, which, in turn, serves as solid foundation when navigating clients through a continuously transforming industry.
We have successfully structured and handled numerous industry-leading market firsts in the financial sector, including the first NPL securitisation and the first synthetic securitisation in Greek banking market. Clients entrust us with these projects because our lawyers have a thorough understanding of the economics of each transaction and speak the language of the international financial practice working alongside bankers, prominent international law firms and investors. We are accustomed in taking views on novel and untested legislation and we have the capacity both in terms of resources and in terms of expertise to tackle challenging deadlines and numerous workstreams of large scale transactions while we maintain the flexibility and focus required to carry out niche projects for domestic or international clients.
Our Finance & Capital markets practice is consistently ranked among the top tiers of all major international directories, including IFLR, Chambers and Legal 500, and includes:
- Structured finance (securitisations, covered bonds, asset backed securities)
- NPLs (servicer licensing, portfolio disposals, structuring)
- Corporate lending (term loans, bond loans, syndicated lending, convertibles, credit lines)
- Project finance (PFIs, PPPs, concessions, renewable energy)
- Real estate financing (malls, hotel & tourist developments, CMBS/RMBS issuances, REICs)
- Sovereign debt restructuring and public debt instruments
- Derivatives (exchange-traded or centrally cleared, OTC and securities)
- Debt capital markets (high-yield, eurobonds, tier 1 and hybrid capital, equity-linked instruments, liability management, private placements)
- Equity capital markets (takeovers, public offers, institutional deals, delistings)
- Restructurings & refinancings
- Export finance
- Asset management
- UCITs and non-UCITs funds and platforms
- Capital markets regulation
- Banking regulation
- Financial litigation
For recent highlights of our work and our team’s latest news, please click here