Our advice is sought on:
- Litigation on trademark and copyright infringement
- Implementation of anti-counterfeit strategies
- IP aspects of M&A transactions
- Drafting of IP licencing/ assignment agreements
- Trademark prosecution
- Customs interventions
Our firm has extensive experience and is particularly active in trademark infringement and anti-counterfeit litigation. More specifically, we advise foreign companies marketing their products in Greece on how to protect their trademarks, monitor counterfeit activities and establish and implement efficient anti-counterfeit strategies.
We assist companies trading products such as luxury goods, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, clothing, food and beverages, industrial components and games, on a variety of legal issues in connection with the protection of their IP rights in Greece.
In addition, we have assisted companies such as Louis Vuitton Malletier, Pierre Fabre, Benetton Group, Donna Karan New York, Luxottica Group, and PUIG with respect to the establishment and implementation of anti-counterfeit activities, in many cases involving litigation before civil and criminal courts in various cities in Greece. During 2016 we represented one of our clients, in the negotiations and conclusion of a settlement agreement with two counterfeiters at the highest compensation amount ever achieved for this client in Europe.
Indicative cases recently handled by our firm include the following:
- Representing the owner of a famous alcoholic beverage trademark in a court dispute over the ownership of such trademark. The dispute over the respective national trademarks has been or is still pending in several jurisdictions around the globe, including the US and Australia
- representing Louis Vuitton before the Courts in regular and in injunction proceedings, against trademark infringers/ counterfeiters and advising on its general anti-counterfeiting strategy in Greece
- successfully representing a Japanese manufacturer of medical devices in a court dispute against a parallel importer
- consulting a Japanese producer of dairy products in negotiations with a Greek owner and licensor of know-how.