Our real estate taxation team acts for a multitude of clients who purchase, build, own, develop or dispose of Greek commercial, residential or industrial real estate as well as clients to whose business real estate assets are pivotal.
Our clients range from individuals, including Golden Visa applicants and Greek based commercial companies to leading investment management and advisory firms, real estate funds, private equity firms, real estate developers, REITs as well as not-for-profit arts organizations. We help clients address a wide range of issues related to structuring their investments and securing compliance with property taxes.
- Deciding what is the most appropriate structure for investing in real estate is a multilayered process which depends on a number of different parameters, such as the jurisdiction of the owner/investor, the intended use of the property, the financing scheme, the relevant commercial or personal priorities; we help clients formulate their strategy by guiding them through key tax aspects, such as the tax treatment of different available property owning vehicles, the use of input VAT deductions, the impact of property taxes, implications upon divestment
- we compute real estate objective values with a view to ensuring compliance, and assessing the tax impact of transactions in real estate
- Special Real Estate Tax is an annual tax introduced mostly as an anti-avoidance measure. We assist clients in assessing exemptions therefrom and –most importantly- collect the documentation required to secure such exemptions
- we provide specialized advice, together with our banking & finance taxation team on real estate acquisition financing structures
- we work on NPL restructuring projects and NPL related business set-ups by providing specialized real estate related advice.