Our firm has a specialised E-commerce practice which is highly experienced in legal developments, including B2B and B2C transactions, and advises clients on a wide range of issues, including the following:
- The establishment and operation of E- Shops in Greece
- Review of T&Cs of E-Shops operating in the Greek market
- Business structure for on-line selling in Greece by a foreign company on a B2C basis.
Our firm has extensive experience, and is particularly active, in advising clients on the implementation of Consumers’ Directive 2011/83 for trading consumer goods online in the Greek market in relation also to E- Commerce Directive 2000/31. We provide guidance regarding laws applicable to on-line trading, particularly for consumers’ right to withdraw payment and return terms of goods, standard E-shop compliance characteristics for on-line trading in the Greek market, as well as privacy matters. We have also handled various consumer complaints before the General Consumers’ Secretariat and the Consumers’ Ombudsman.
We assist companies in many markets (clothing, luxury goods, electric and kitchen appliances, technology equipment, gifts and athletics equipment) in trading products through their on-line channel to the Greek market by setting up their E-Shops and advising them on a day-to-day basis on a variety of issues arising from their business with e-consumers in Greece.
Illustrative cases recently handled by our firm include providing advice to the following:
- A UK retailer of consumer goods on a wide range of issues on how to conduct on-line selling in Greece from the consumers’ and regulatory perspective
- A major e-commerce discount coupon trading company in its e-business with customers and clients in Greece
- Decathlon S.A., a French athletics-store Company on multiple issues of launching its goods on-line to the Greek market
- H&M on issues relating to the sale of its goods on-line in the Greek market and on the operation of its on-line shop
- A Greek start-up Company, advising and drafting the Terms & Conditions for the establishment of its E–Shop.