Dispute Resolution constitutes one of the pillars of our firm. At Zepos & Yannopoulos we believe that a complete dispute resolution practice is not only essential to our clients, but also an integral part of our services. Litigation/ Arbitration experience provides our lawyers with the understanding of the evolution of the law and court practice, which is of great value when drafting agreements and issuing legal opinions.
Our Dispute Resolution practice is divided into two main sectors: civil/ commercial and tax.
Civil/ Commercial Litigation-Arbitration
We represent our clients before the courts of First Instance, Courts of Appeal, the Supreme Court and Arbitration Courts. We defend our clients in a full array of issues concerning companies and individuals who conduct business in Greece or who are involved in international transactions. We defend our clients against and file injunction proceedings and interim measures, as well as defend our clients against and file regular lawsuits concerning collection of debts and claims of every nature.
We advise and have represented clients acting as contractors and/or suppliers of goods and services to either the Greek State or state controlled entities, most notably in relation to their participation in tenders, and to their ensuing contractual obligations, claims and disputes.
We have particular experience in cases involving breach of contract, termination of agency and distribution agreements, enforcement of foreign judgments, antitrust, unfair competition, product liability, employment, intellectual and industrial property, anti-counterfeiting strategies, real estate and tort.
Illustrative cases recently handled by our firm include representing:
- An international dairy products company in litigation initiated against a major local dairy producer over trademark infringement and unfair competition practices
- A major European Company, owner of famous alcohol trademarks, in a tort-related lawsuit against it, alleging illicit trademark registration
- The local affiliate of a major international company in arbitration proceedings conducted in Stockholm according to SCC rules
- A European affiliate of a major US corporation in a lawsuit related to tort regarding the provision of software for Directories
- A Greek state-owned energy company against two of its major Greek clients in arbitration proceedings according to ICC Rules in a dispute pertaining to the interpretation of clauses of their collaboration contract
- A major European retailer of electrical and electronic devices in connection with a multimillion euro lawsuit related to the early termination of a lease
- A major European Insurance Company and a major European Defense Company in a product-liability and tort-related lawsuit
- Hewlett Packard in connection with a claim filed by a Duty Collecting Agency regarding duties on sales of hardware
- Bausch and Lomb in its claim against a Greek Distributor for the collection of a debt from sales
- Louis Vuitton Malletier before courts in numerous cities in Greece with respect to the protection of its trademarks from sellers/producers of counterfeit products
- American Express in its claims against individuals involved in credit card fraud
- International Spanish retailer Sfera Joven in its lawsuit against the owners of a building for breach of contractual obligations under a lease agreement
- One of the largest international food retailers in Greece against commercial counterparties with respect to claims arising from their commercial cooperation
- A major U.S. manufacturer of telecommunications hardware against a Greek telecommunications company on a claim for damages based on product liability
- A major U.K. motorcycles manufacturer in a lawsuit filed by a customer claiming damages on the basis of product liability
- A major U.S. consumer goods company against a customer on a claim for damages based on product liability
- One of the largest international food retailers in Greece in a multimillion collection case in litigation against a local franchisee chain of stores that included a request for lifting the corporate veil
- Several multinational companies before the Civil Courts for the declaration of the enforceability of foreign Court decisions in Greece
- A major U.S. computer manufacturer in a multimillion euro claim by a terminated former agent
- A major Mexican beer brewer in a multimillion euro claim by a terminated former distributor.
With respect to our experience in tax litigation please visit the relevant part of our website.