In recent years, there has been a significant surge of challenges by the tax authorities. Our tax controversy and litigation team has a rock-solid track record in representing clients in the full spectrum of tax dispute resolution processes and profound knowledge of the intricacies of the tax administration system. As such, we focus on helping clients prepare for and manage tax audits, resolve disputes at the earliest point and, if necessary, appeal before administrative authorities and courts.
- We help clients handle tax audits and investigations, formulate strategy, conduct settlement negotiations and efficiently report on outcomes and monitor progress internally
- We advise clients in relation to voluntary disclosure and tax penalties amnesty and relief programs
- We act for clients in relation to tax related enforcement measures and seizures, sanctions and criminal prosecution matters
- Drawing upon our specialists in other tax practice areas, we provide combined specialized support to clients in specific highly technical tax audit challenges such as in relation to anti-avoidance rules, transfer pricing and special industry-related tax matters
- We represent clients in litigation at all levels. The cases we handle are often of high value, impact or complexity; in several instances, this has resulted in decisions that have benefitted the entire industry and have been, on occasion, ground-breaking
- We work with our international taxation experts to advise clients in relation to mutual agreement procedures (MAPs) under tax treaties and the EU Arbitration Convention.