Both local and international business environments are governed by increasingly complex regulations. As such, the ability of organizations to put into place effective compliance programs, prevent and address fraud and pursue transparency, while being prepared to handle potential regulatory and criminal investigations for business crimes, is vital to their reputation and success.
Our highly-experienced, multi-disciplinary team comprising regulatory and employment law experts, as well as economists and litigators, helps our business clients to pursue those objectives, while keeping business disruption to a minimum. Our services are tailored to the specific needs of each client and the nature of each activity. We organise trainings and seminars, and draft guidelines for the proper management of dawn-raids. We also conduct interviews, produce reports with proposed self-cleaning measures and provide advice on strategy.
Our experience includes money laundering, bribery and fraud, data protection, public procurement, environmental laws, consumer protection breaches and tax fraud. We also deal with criminal aspects and employment law issues arising from the potential involvement of employees and executives in business crimes.
- We assist clients in creating and implementing internal compliance programs and policies
- We conduct internal reviews and assessments to diagnose the level of a client’s regulatory and internal compliance and advise on restoration measures
- We undertake compliance due diligence in M&A transactions
- We conduct internal investigations for alleged misconduct and irregularities, assess risks and implications (including criminal) and propose appropriate actions to comply with the applicable framework
- We undertake employment-related litigation in relation to alleged business crimes
- We assist clients in handling governmental authority investigations and dawn-raids, and represent them before self-regulating bodies and criminal authorities
- We advise on complex issues in relation to white-collar crime, public tender-debarment issues or foreign investigations under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act and other international anti-corruption laws
In the field of forensics, we undertake investigations following misconduct findings, in order to gather and analyse evidence related to cases such as fraud, misappropriated funds, financial crimes or tax evasion. In doing so, we often combine experience from different fields. When searching for irregularities or illegal financial practices, we process and assess a large amount of accounting data and liaise with legal experts involved in the criminal and civil investigations on the case in order to come to a conclusion about a misconduct and the potential breach of fiduciary duties. As a result of this work, we often assist clients in introducing policies for proactively managing similar risks in the future.